When looking for a convertible car seat, you’d want something that will grow with your child, last through all the stages of car seats, and provide all the safety he needs. Safety seats have seen its fair share of innovation including multi-functional ones. Most of these models can forward-facing mode, rear-facing mode and converted into a booster. However, most of the time they lack at least one mode.
Graco took the game to a whole new level with their Graco 4Ever Convertible All in One car seat that comes in four modes: forward-facing, rear-facing, backless and high-back booster. All of these features can make any parent excited, but will it live up to its hype and deliver as expected?
Specifications and Features
- Height: 24in and can extend up to 34in
- Width: 19.5in
- Weight restrictions: 4 to 40lbs (rear-face mode), 22 to 65lbs (forward-face mode), 40 to 100lbs (high-back booster), and 4 to 120lbs (backless booster).
- Height restrictions: 18 to 43in (rear-face mode), 27 to 49in (forward-face mode), 40 to 57in (high-back booster), and 43 to 47in (backless booster).
- Harness: A 5-point harness and a 10-point harness headrest and height adjustment that does not need rethreading.
- Base: Adjustable with 3 rear-facing and 3 forward-facing recline positions.
- Safety features: EPS energy-absorbing foam, a frame that’s reinforced by steel, and tested for side impact.
- Simple to assemble dual combined cup holders
- Bubble level indicator that’s easy to read
Vehicle Fit and Installation
Installing the Greco 4Ever All-In-One car seat is simple in all modes. It comes with a great user manual and color-coded labels, so it’s quite easy to know which goes where when installing it. The cover of this car seat has elastic fasteners making it a bit difficult to remove when you’re threading the latch through the proper path. But this is a small issue altogether.
This convertible car seat features three recline settings in the rear-face and forward-face modes providing the ultimate comfort for your baby. It also comes with a bubble level indicator that lets you set it precisely for utmost safety. This seat takes little room in your car no matter its recline position is giving you ample space to move your car’s seat back freely. It is designed in such a way that your child’s weight will not cause the 4Ever to lean back any further than needed.
The hardest part of the latch installation is tightening its belt. You will need more muscle strength to get the car seat secure in both the rear-facing and forward-facing modes. However, this may still depend on your car, or what your definition of tough is.
Greco 4Ever’s most important feature is the safety and comfort it provides your baby. It comes with several safety points, including the latch system that secures it to your vehicle, but the most notable ones are the following:
- This car seat is tested for crashes and designed to meet the US safety standards.
- Its energy-absorbing EPS foam gives maximum protection during impact.
- Its 5-point harness has a built-in side collision security.
Ease of Use and Maintenance
This 4-in-one car seat is very easy to use and highly intuitive. It is not a complicated seat, and you will not have any problems moving its parts. Here are some of the things you will love about it:
- You can use the booster mode without the need to remove its harness. Though you still need to tuck it in the shell’s cubby.
- Using some a few elastic hooks and tabs, you can quickly remove its cover which comes off in three parts.
- Convert it simply into a backless booster by disconnecting its harness, pulling back its cover, moving its red tabs, and finally pulling off the seat’s back.
Your Child’s Comfort
A happy baby is a comfortable one, and this will make any trip safer and less stressful for any parent. The Graco 4Ever features an adjustable headrest and a plush padding which makes it a cozy car seat. Its body support and child headrest come with a lot of added padding to cradle your baby’s little body. It also comes with two cup holders on both sides of the seat which you can install easily. Depending on the needs of your child, you can add either one or both.
However, the downside of this all in one car seat is the material used in its lining. If you live in a place where it’s humid, this can make your child sweat, especially if you’re going on a long road trip. You can remedy this by opening your car’s window or air condition. For those living in colder areas, this can be an advantage though as it will help keep their baby warm. Another thing to keep in mind is that its looping functionality may result in its padding moving which can make your baby uncomfortable during the ride.
The Graco 4Ever All-In-One car seat is definitely above average, especially when it comes to value and quality. Even with some downsides (no product is perfect), it is still much better compared to other convertible seats out there. Its color-coded and user-friendly installation manual is a big plus, and its breathable fabric, plush pudding, and adjustability will let you utilize it for a long time.