The Student Engagement Survey was designed to identify the most poignant and pressing issues for students with our schools. The survey instrument also measure general and specific levels of satisfaction with numerous areas including teaching styles, teaching quality, level of engagement in school and other factors.
The Student Engagement & Satisfaction Survey is designed for secondary students in grades 6 thru 12 and can be administered via paper or online.
- Participants: Secondary students including Grades 6 thru 12
- 39 multiple choice, 5 point Likert scale questions
- 6 demographic related questions and 2 open-ended comment questions
- Choice of Paper or Online administration
- Up to 10 custom questions per participating district
- Current Database: ~192,000 responses.
What do you get?
1. Survey Set-up and Administration
- Use of our tested and validated survey instrument.
- Set-up and use of our online survey tool, customized to your district.
- Support and response updates through-out the survey process.
- Ability for participating districts to add up to 10 custom questions each.
2. Survey Results in 5 different reports at the item level
- National norm data comparisons for each question on each report.
- Location report at the item analysis level.
- Comment report with complete transcript of all comment question responses.
- 3 additional reports identified by the participating district.
3. Research Report
- 370+ pages
- National benchmark data broken down by item, by demographic variable.
- Valuable tool in analyzing your district data.
- Qualitative analysis of comment questions from national sample.
Focus Groups. Focus groups are a great means to explore topics from the survey in more depth. These are offered to participating districts at a deep discount.
Custom & Additional Reports. Custom reports can be generated for a variety of variables including school specific reports, demographic specific reports, and cross-tabulation reports. While the standard reports will provide a large amount of data, oftentimes it is necessary to develop a deeper understanding of specific topics. Custom reports can help in this area.